Facts about water
- Women requires minimum 2 litres of water per day
- Men requires 2.5 litres of water per day
- Not to drink more than a glass of water with meals intake. It dilutes the digestive juices making them less effective
- Men have higher body water content compare to women
- The water content falls with the age around 50% in the elderly
- During 3 hrs. flight one can lose upto 1.5 litres of body water
- 70% of the human brain is water
It is well known to everyone on this land that water is most essential for our body. Our body is 60% made from water. The water is used in body cells, tissues, and by organs to regulate temperature and maintains body functions.
Body keeps losing water through many ways, breathing, sweating, and digestion. It makes essential to rehydrate by drinking fluids like water and juices, and even eating fruits that contains good amount of water.
There is no fixed measure to calculate the amount of water needed in one’s body. It differs due to many reasons. Climate, activities, or illness, these all are factors affects the quantity of water that is required in our body.
Water functions literally in many ways in our body, like: –
- Flushing out the waste and toxins from organs and skin
- Regulates body temperature which is most essential
- Helps in brain function
- Activates metabolism, thus boosting energy level
Dehydration due to lack of water mainly results in: –
- Loss of concentration
- Mood changes and slow responses
- Dry mouth and throat
- Dry skin, and cracked lips
Water, the natural source of beautiful skin and when add in you a habit of turmeric milk, nothing can be a great miracle for your skin to live more younger day by day.
We all are very much concerned about our skin, especially women. Still, many of us don’t believe in this. But, it has been noticed that regular intake of plain water besides other fluids and water containing fruits, the skin is beneficially affected.
The skin is also an organ and made of cells. Skin cells are made up of water. Therefore, in lack of sufficient water, the skin loses it quality turning dry, flaky, and tight. Dry skin is easily prone to wrinkles.
Water reaches to other organs first and then in the skin. You can directly apply water to the skin at regular breaks in the day time. It literally shows visible difference in hydration plus improving wrinkles.
Ways to add water to the skin
- Avoid shower with too hot water as it takes away skin natural moisturizer easily resulting dryness. Therefore, try lukewarm water for shower. As soon as you come out of the shower, the first thing you apply the moisturizer. The skin is still porous, and therefore easily absorbs the products used.
- Apply product containing hyaluronic acid as it attracts water to the skin holding it there.
- Get rid of skin toxins drinking more plain water. It retains the skin glow, and helps improving acne.
To get additional care for your skin, use red wine and know its ways of using and benefits….
The important uses of water in our body: –
Saliva sounds normal, but it is most essential as it includes small amount of electrolytes, mucus, and enzymes. It helps in breaking down the food components.
Everybody has different temperature and maintaining it is crucial. Staying hydrated is useful in regulating body temperature. Hot environments and body sweating are main reasons to get dehydrated as body loses electrolytes and plasma.
Protection of tissues, and joints
Water is of great help providing support to tissues, joints, and spinal cord. It lubricates and provides cushion to all these joints and muscles and lessen discomfort caused by arthritis.
Perspiration is a process of sweating. Body loses water through perspiration and body temperature is much affected by it. Water works out to cover the water shortage and regulate the body temperature to normal.
Water is much helpful avoiding constipation and regular movements of stool.
It helps kidney to work efficiently and avoid to great extent the kidney stones. Consumption of more water results in urination. Kidney filters out the waste through urination.
Maximizes physical performance
Hydration affects to strength, power, and tolerance to great level. While exercising, or playing sports, body loses water through perspiration. Therefore, it makes essential for one to intake water regularly. Negative effects of exercise in the heat without sufficient intake of water often results in severe conditions like decreased, and hyperthermia.
Extreme dehydration has often watched creating seizure and death.
Constipation, digestion, and absorption
Fibres are well known for preventing constipation. But intake of enough water helps in movement of bowels. Lack of sufficient water, magnesium, and fibre may results in constipation. Drinking carbonate water is helpful in relieving from constipation.
Water helps in breaking down the food particles and digestion becomes more effectively getting most out of the meals.
It helps in dissolving nutrients, minerals, and vitamins contained in food. These released vitamins are spread in the rest of the body by water.
Aids in cognitive function
Research has found that consuming less water than required result in memory loss, alertness, and focussing.
Undoubtedly, water is a free resource that is much beneficial for our body and skin. It helps vigorously to maintain good health and retain your younger looks.